
A Few weeks ago we made cut out Halloween sugar cookies! Ansley helped to frost them but I think she ate more frosting than actually got on the cookies. :)




The cookies were sitting on the table while I let the frosting harden a bit and Ansley decided she needed to put her Halloween costume on (she's going to be a kitty!). She enjoyed looking at the cookies and sneaking tastes when I wasn't looking...

A couple weeks ago I thought it would be fun to make some crafts! So, we went to Michaels and bought a bunch of craft stuff. Ansley was really excited to play but once we got started I quickly realized that Elmers school glue wasn't going to do the job so I ended up cutting a bunch of paper out for her and let her glue them together!

She made Pumpkins...

and flowers :)

Last week I decided it would be fun for Ansley and I to make a homemade pizza! She loved spreading the sauce around and sprinkling the cheese on it! She also tried to place the pepperonis but I helped a lot with that. :)
The same day as we made pizza I had baked cupcakes and while our pizza was baking she decorated them! (Mommy learned about letting her frost with the cookies...hahaha!)
Last Sunday after church our Young Adult group had an outing to a pumpkin patch (actually the same farm that Russ and I took Ansley to a lot this summer!) Because it's October they had a lot of fun activities going on but unfortunately I forgot my camera. :( But, I did manage to get a picture of her face painted like a kitty before she rubbed it all off!
We are going to a local Christian church that does a HUGE fall festival and trunk or treat on Halloween. Russ and I took Ans to the same event last year and she loved it and it's fun and safe! I will post pictures of Halloween this weekend. :) (P.S. Happy Birthday Mom DeWitt!)And, lastly I have some exciting things happening! As most of you know I grew up singing, dancing and performing and have been on a bit of a "hiatus" for about 5 years now. I have missed it tremendously and just singing in church choir has been helping a bit but I still long for the theater. Well, Our choir/youth director at church as a long history of putting on full scale musicals with teens. He's new to our church and is extremely talented and has decided to take the plunge and do a full scale show in collaboration with another church in the area (he will also be opening up auditions to local youth.) Well, he invited me to be the choreographer for the show!! We haven't chosen a show yet (he wants to hear the voices first and then will have an idea) but I am beyond excited to be working in the theater again!! We'll start rehearsals in January and the show will open the last weekend in February.
I think that's all for now. :) I will update again after Halloween! love you all. xo

2 comments:
Yay! I love that orancge dress!! You are so adorable!!
You're such a fun mom! I wanted to do fun things like you did, but I need to be better about making things happen!
Way exciting about the choreography! You're going to be like Dana, or better, John Jacobson!
Post a Comment