Well, I let my teeth go long enough that I no longer have a choice about it and have to get them fixed. Yesterday as I was eating a taco I felt something rock hard in my mouth and as I removed it I realized it was part of my tooth. I immediately called my dentists office and made an appt for today. Thank God for my friend Megan. I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have her and her willingness to watch Ansley at the drop of a dime! So, I went to the dentist and come to find that the tooth that broke needs a root canal so that will be happening next thursday. But, while I was there they decided to go ahead and start on filling the 10 (yes, 10 :( ) cavities I had. They filled 4 today and it was the first time in my life I had something major done to my teeth. I was scared to death but once they got me settled it was SO easy. I wish I had done this years ago. I am not afraid to have the other cavities filled now and from what the dentist said the root canal isn't going to be horrible either once I'm numbed up. The worst part of the entire thing is that the military dental insurance is horrible and so Russ and I are having to pay A LOT out of pocket for this to be done (which is one of the reasons I kept putting it off.) oh well, I figure now my teeth will be healthy and it will just be a matter of keeping them that way!! So, just keep me in your thoughts and prayers that the root canal next week goes smoothly. :)
My final word for this blog is this...
SEE YOUR DENTIST REGULARLY AND AVOID THIS MESS!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment