Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Rainy day at the Pumpkin Patch!

Yesterday, as Ansley and I were lounging around being bored she saw a picture of a pumpkin on TV and started talking about going to the pumpkin patch. I was a little shocked that she knew or remembered what a pumpkin patch was but I thought "why not?!" so we got dressed and ready for the pumpkin patch. As we were getting ready it was sprinkling a bit but I figured a little rain won't kill us. So, we leave the house and about a mile down the road the skies opened up and it began to pour! I was thinking that perhaps our trip would be cut short but once we got there it had stopped. We went out to the patch and picked 2 smaller pumpkins and a medium one (Mommy didn't want to have to lug a huge pumpkin up the stairs...) Then we went to the farms little store and while inside it started to pour again! we had made it just in time! We picked up a couple of apples and mini pumpkins to decorate with along with a pumpkin painting kit.



We got home and I washed our pumpkins and sat Ans in her chair with her pumpkin and paint and she went to town while I painted the other two. It was a really fun afternoon and I know we'll go to a pumpkin patch a couple more times before Halloween!


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Cuteness! Get that girl in ballet! She looks graceful just sitting in her freaking highchair!!!!