I guess we will start with early August. My parents came to town and as always spoiled the heck out of Ansley! Russ and I left for Las Vegas on the 11th for a much needed Mommy and Daddy get away! We had a blast. We saw 3 shows, first was one of the shows in our hotel about vampires. We got free tickets so we figured why not?! It was pretty good but I was a little disappointed for it being a "Vegas" show. The next night we saw a Cirque De Soleil show "Zumanity" and it was fantastic! It was a mix of humor and amazing acrobatics, I would recommend it to anyone as long as their not too conservative...(it was a pretty sexy show...) and our last show was the one we were looking forward to the most. Wayne Brady (from Who's line is it anyways? and he now hosts "Don't forget the lyrics") he was absolutely the funniest man I have ever seen! Russ and I both were crying from laughing so hard and we DEFINITELY recommend seeing him to everyone! If he is still in Vegas next time we go we would go see him again, for sure!
When planning our trip I had a brilliant (at least in my mind :)) idea for Russ and I to renew our vows! I mean, what better place than Vegas?! We also figured with all the separation we have had in our marriage with deployments and schools it couldn't hurt to refresh our marriage. So, I made arrangements for our vow renewal on August 13th. It was beautiful and romantic. The little chapel we went to were so accommodating and sweet and the photographer to many more pictures than we paid for and they are all wonderful. Here are just a couple of our favorites...


Anyways, the trip to Vegas was a lot of fun and it was great to have some one on one time with Russ. It felt really good to be able to hold his hand instead of pushing a stroller. :)
Just before we left for Vegas we got word that my Aunt Betty (my Dad's sister) had an aneurysm in her brain burst. Before we left she wasn't responding to people and didn't remember anything. It was touch and go for a bit but I'm happy to say she is recovering. Anyways, the day after we returned my parents left for Nebraska so Dad could see his sister. We had made plans to go down to Seaside Oregon for 5 days (all 5 of us) and Dad decided that even though he and mom wouldn't be there We should still go. So after dropping them off at the airport we packed up and drove to the beach. We stayed at an adorable little rental house that was less than a block to the ocean. Ansley helped Daddy fly her first kite and just loved it! here's a couple pictures of Seaside...



My parents returned from Nebraska a couple days after we got back from Oregon. They stayed a little longer so that we wouldn't have to worry about Ansley when all of the Deployment stuff started happening. It was a blessing to have them here.A couple days after being home we got to go to the Dr and see our new baby for the first time! It was awesome that Russ got to be there before leaving! Here is our little "Squirt" at 8 weeks...

About a week after we returned from the beach Russ deployed for his 3rd year long Iraq tour. It was a horribly sad day and I'm so so thankful that Ansley didn't have to be at the deployment ceremony. There were so many children there just crying hysterically and screaming for their parent. It truly broke my heart and I was so glad Ansley was safe and sound peacefully in her bed at home. So, Russ and I said our goodbyes and he marched off to the buses. After a moment of gathering myself I went outside to watch the buses leave and as I stood there I would have sworn the soldier in the front row of the bus was waving at me. So I made an I love you sign with my hand and he did it back. I knew it was Russ. :) so for about 20 minutes I stood in the rain making gestures back and forth with him. It's a nice memory to have rather than tears. I didn't really take many pictures that night. but here are a couple before we left the house...


So, Russ has been gone for almost 4 weeks now. Ansley and I are adjusting and getting back into our routine. I'm 12 weeks pregnant now and have another Dr appt on the 3rd. Ansley is now in a big girl bed (a canopy bed even!) and as of a few days ago she's potty trained during the day at home! I think I have found a Preschool for her to attend 2 days a week for 2.5 hours. It's a small preschool run out of a church and is within our budget. I think she'll really benefit from being around other kids and she is so smart I know she'll soak up what they teach her like a sponge! (she does 70 piece puzzles with a little help and 30 piece puzzles alone with absolutely no direction!!) I also think her being in preschool part time will be good for her Mommy's mental health...hahaha :) it will be nice to have a little "me" time now and then.
I am still singing in the church choir and we're having a little concert "The life of Christ" in late October. We're hoping to raise funds to expand and develop the music program at our church. I am looking forward to it!
Ansley and I are going to Alaska for 6 weeks from before Thanksgiving until right after New Years. I am really looking forward to being around family, especially with Russ gone around the holidays. We are only able to do this because of the generosity of my parents who got our tickets and my great friend Megan who is going to take care of my furbabies while we're gone.
Russ is doing well and is at his post now in Balad. His unit still doesn't have a mission as of now but we'll see what the future holds. He should be getting internet in his trailer in October so he'll be able to keep in touch with everyone a lot easier. He misses everyone very much and I know he always appreciates getting mail of any kind so please write him! :)
I will try to be better about keeping this up to date. Life has just been a bit hectic lately and it seems to be slowing down finally! I hope everyone is doing well and know that you are all in my prayers every night.
Here are just a few pictures of Ansley I wanted to share. :) Love you all!!





1 comment:
I have read the blog you finally posted. We have so much fun with princess Ansley and her maid in waiting. We are looking forward to having them here for the holidays. Love Mom, Dad, Nana and Papa.
Post a Comment